In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10mm old vs new

footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Am looking at buying a 10mm 1911 Colt. Any quality diff between newly released Deltas And the first Deltas from 88-95 years. Advice onColts only please

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sorry I do not have any info for you on the newer Delta's. I can tell you about the older ones. I currently own two. One is stainless and the other is bright stainless. I used to own a blued one when they first came out but I sold it to a friend who really wanted it. They are very good well built pistols. I have shot a lot of rounds through them and they are very accurate and reliable. I have a very reputable gunsmith here where I live so I had the stainless delta converted to shoot .40cal and also be able to switch back to 10mm when I want to. This saves me money on ammo. There was an old story about the frames cracking back in the day but those stories came from shooting the Hornady loads (hotter than today's 10mm loads)without both springs. I have shot mine with every kind of 10mm load they make and the will stand up to everything. I also love the caliber and in my opinion should be the military sidearm caliber. If you are thinking about getting one I would suggest that you do so. You will not go wrong. I also recommend getting a .40cal barrel and setup like I have to save on ammo cost and the flexibility of having two calibers for one gun. Good luck and hope this helps .