In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta pistol ques.

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Went looking at pistols today and held a Beretta Army commemorative.
Shop said it could get me the USMC one. That was the only Beretta he happened to have at this time.
I liked the way it felt and the safety was at the same area and flipped the same direction as my Walther.
I plan on carrying and using the pistol so maybe a commemorative is not the best option for me.
Got on the Beretta USA website and was not very informative about the pistols.
So, what are the actual differences between the M9A1, M9 and the 92fs ?

Comments

• Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I think the M9A1 has a light rail and an alloy frame with a slimmer grip profile then the M9/92FS, it doesnt have a lynard loop.

I think the M9 also has an alloy frame but it has the lynyard and lacks a light rail

I think the 92FS is strait up M9 configuration, Sorry cahas I gave you some unfactual info, my 92fs has an alloy frame and steel slide.

I'd go with the M9A1, I am on the market for one If I find a deal.
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Yep, Beretta USA site said 92 was steel frame but had listed weight of all 3 pistols as 34.4 oz This has to be a mistake
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    the alloy models are about 2 ounces lighter..

The alloy frames must be easier to machine or more cost effective.

because the weight reduction is moot.

thats just my guess
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I have seen of that series have aluminum frames except the Bilennium which was limited edition, very fancy, and very heavy.

The FS designation gets you a headed pin to keep the rear of the slide from hitting you in the head if you get a brittle one and overload it like the SEALS did.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The M9 and M9A1 are the same, but the A1 has a light rail.

the 92FS is the same as the M9

All have alloy frames. Beretta has made a few high end 92 guns with steel frames, but they are rare and expensive.