We understand there is an issue with the general discussions forums not loading. We are looking into it.
tc contender G1 - G2 barrels compatibility — GunBroker.com Member Forums
In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tc contender G1 - G2 barrels compatibility

85spartan85spartan Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
Does the so-called G2 barrels fit a G1 contender frame? I recently purchased a " G2 " 21 in. tapered tc contender 223 barrel never fired on GB to fit in my G1 frame. My existing 7x30 14 in. G1 operates with no problems. The newly purchased 223 fits in the frame but when the break action is closed it is stuck. The break action lever will not open the action. I then have to pull the pivot pin and pull the break action lever to remove the barrel. Does anyone have any further info to correct or modify this as to use it for G1 and G2 barrel configs?

Comments

• Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    They are suppose to fit without any fitting but on occasion you will find a new barrel that will not fit the old frame. If you send it to TC along with the frame they will fit it no charge. I have had to have 3 different ones fit by TC. Its funny that a barrel will fit one frame but not another without fitting. I suggest you give TC a call.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, G2 Contender barrels fit the older Coontender frame. The issue is most likely your locking bolts not sitting in the frame properly. The top of the locking bolts are curved down, most likely are too "proud" and don't allow the barrel to fully seat in the frame. They have to be dressed down a bit. You can remove them from the barrel lug, stone them down just a touch and they should fully seat, allow the trigger to work. You may not even need to remove them from the barrel,the area of the barrel bolt that needs stoning probably sits well out from the rear of the barrel.

Mike Bellm has a very good website that discusses barrels and bolt fittings. Easy to do, this is not an uncommon problem.

http://www.lasc.us/BellmContenderMisfires.htm

T/C will fit the barrel if you send the frame and barrel to them.