In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

the AK47!! again

MastersonMasterson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
My first Topic was locked for unknown reasons...I got quite a few answers that varied..The Topic was AK47 specifications (looking for the right AK47)... Thanks for the help you guys who answered me already gave me, but the reason I made this new Topic was for 2 reasons... 1.) I just wanted the people who did answer my last topic to know that i found an ak47 90 % in similarity to what I was describing what I wanted...
The link can be seen at http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=21005985 ...The reason I said it's in 90 % similarity and not 100 % to what I wanted is that the front grip (where the handguard would usually be), is not really what I was looking for....I was looking for a permanently affixed front grip, and 2ndly.....the grip being fine furnished wood, not plastic or whatever else they have out there...

Comments

• Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Topics are locked here after 10 or so replies if the answer is met. For more go to general Topics. They stay around there for some time.

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Masterson, If you have everything except the forward vertical grip. try GUNS-N-STUFF. They usually have a good supply of these type of things. Or try CHEAPER THAN DIRT. Best of luck!!!

"The quieter you become,the more you can hear."

AC Tactical
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Topics are locked here after about 10 responces. If you will read over my first post you will see that your link provides the EXACT name, designation, and description of the Hungarian rifle which I told you about, right down to the single strut stock (which in this case will not fold). What you seem to be looking for is a Romanian AK rifle which has the intrigal wooden pistol griped forearm found on that variant and no other. There are none available with the side folding stocks, although you could have one pinned in the open position. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a photo and you tell me if this is what you are looking for...and no, you can't have mine! markinrancho@att.net

Mark T. Christian

Hey man, sorry about that.. I did read your post and I did check out what you provided me, I even had it saved on favorites but it totally blew my mind.. I totally forgot about it...And by the way, the statement you made about what I "seem to be looking for is a Romanian AK Rifle with Wooden Grips...
    From what I know, the specific AK47 I'm trying to get it ILLEGAL... I cannot confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that this is the case...
    As for my e-mail address, it's Masterson_2500@hotmail.com.. hope to hear from ya and thanks
    As I end this post I'm gonna take a glance at your recommended sites HKMan.. Thanks to you to maane
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must've missed this one the 1st time around but are you looking for a fore end like this?
    AK-164F.jpg
    or like this?
    AK-161L.jpg

anywho both of those are available @ http://www.k-var.com

And while I'm at it here's a couple pics of my romanian with OD green K-var stocks.
    22925fal2-med.jpg
    22925ar_fal_ak_good-med.jpg
    Ugly carpeting not included.

Join us on the dark side. Get a SAR1.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Mark, it's cool man. I been checking my e-mail since last night to see if you ever sent the photos over and was curious why I never received them. That answers my question... As far as what you and drobs provided me with is exactly what I'm looking for, well nearly....
    Ya see, drobs got it on target with both pictures...I'm looking for the AK47 WITHOUT the shoulder (rather the fixed stock set)......and the wooden front grips...Thanks for the help guys... This has been confusing and I'm not like all awake today. Forgive me, I was up until 4 A.M..Last night...
    Thanks

by the way drobs.....those AK's are tight..I'm looking into getting the drum (7.62x39)caliber for this specific AK i'm looking for
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drums run from $75 to $150 depending on which country makes it. I paid $150 for that Chinese wind up but the Romanian non-widing drums go in the $75 range. You may want to check out a Romanian SAR1 if you find one and come September you can add some of those additional features you want.

I recently bought an addtional WASR10 used cheap. After spending an hour filing on the receiver so it would smoothly accept 30rd mags I gotta say try to find a SAR1 instead of the WASR10. I did get it to take 30rd mags but think I need to file some more to get it to take drums. Sad this is one that was adapted by Century to take hi-caps. It's pretty rough but for $150 can't beat it.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    mgxmgx Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is such a thing as overwrenching the hell out of the inconsequential, all the way to the 'proper orientation' of the slots in the butt plate screws. God invented moderators for a reason.