In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm

lynx_strifelynx_strife Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
has anyone ever heard of a stallard js9 9mm are they good gun

Steve Guffey

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi I am bidding on a S&W 9mm pistol. I am looking at the ammo for this gun and it hits me what kind of volosity do these rounds have? All I see is not 230 grain.What kind of knock down power do they have verses the old millitary 45 cal. semi-auto side arm? What is the best kind of ammo for practice and also for shooting in self defense?[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need information or suggestions on purchasing a 9mm rueger or s/w?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looking for a new 9mm already have a glock, so looking at sig 2022, walther p99, and ruger sr9 and 9c any suggestions
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So if you shoot the 9mm would you want something that opened up a bit more to transfer the phyical innersha into the object you shot? I understand a larger cal moves slower with more forse due to weight.I am guessing that a 9mm is not really such a good thing,mabey just a nice target shooting gun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOOK FOR INFO 9MM WITH THIS INFO ON THE SIDE FABRIQUE NATIONALE DARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL BELGIQUE THEN BELOW IT SAY BROWNINGS PATENT DEPOSE ON THE TOP SIDE OF THE BARREL IT HAS LIKE A ROYAL CROWN WITHE LETTER W BELOW ????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey all,

Im looking at either a ruger sr9 or a taurus 92, I love the look of the taurus, however ive shot the sr9 and really enjoyed this pistol. What are everyones thoughts on quality and anything to help me make my choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    9mm Magtech +P HP is inexpensive and effective
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking into getting a good 9mm for personal defense and sport shooting. I am looking at the 24/7-9BP-17 by Taurus. Mostly I am looking into getting something that is durable and reliable. I am going to be looking into Glock and Kimbers. I dont have a whole lot to spend on this handgun so please lets keep the price under 500.00 . Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy a used sig 226 for $300-$400.best 9mm made in my humble opinion.hope this helps
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Can't go wrong with a Glock 17. If youre not apposed to used guns try to find a police trade in or look into a Taurus pt92. You should be able to find the taurus for around $300 and the Glock for around $350.
    Just another thought. Why not an EAA Witness in 9mm. I've heard great things about them and you be able to get one NIB for around $360.
  • Options
    XLpitmanXLpitman Member Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W Autos are terrible.

Taurus is an excellent choice for a new gun. I don't like Glocks-overpriced. If you're looking at a Taurus also look at the Millenium Pro - PT111Pro. I bought my 9mm for less than $300 and would buy another, I love it. The warranty is unbeatable.

TaurusPt111-1.jpg

As far as used goes, a Sig or CZ is a great choice.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I seen the EAA Witness around could not get much info on them. And after looking around what is the % people put next to the guns or a % on it some where.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lynx_strife
    I seen the EAA Witness around could not get much info on them. And after looking around what is the % people put next to the guns or a % on it some where.

The % is the rating of the finish, be it blued, nickle, stainless, that is left 98-99% is considered very good to almost like new for a used gun. If the gun has any wood furniture there should be a rating for that as well. Ask if the wear is only holster wear or from something else.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you know i have a witness in 45acp and its great,besides a used sig the witness would be a great choice also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well i think i am sold on the witness just gotta save up some money and all that. Thanks for the help! God bless the USA and be safe!
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the Beretta 92FS is the best for accuracy, S+W Sigma's can't hit the broadside of a barn. But I do also have a Witness .45 and it is surprisingly a very good pistol for the price.
  • Options
    Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 96 Lynx is refering to is probably a Beretta 96.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Taurus PT 92 AF has about 8,000 rounds through it. It just keeps on shooting. It shoots dirty or clean; with good jacketed ammo it is remarkably accurate for a 9MM sissy caliber.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Taurus is a good first weapon.
  • Options
    7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Nobody has mentioned Kel-Tec yet. They're good for the money also.