In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Voere/Kleingunther Rifle

Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
Help!!

I have a rifle on the bench that I am unfamiliar with, and I need to remove the stock for cleaning. I is a .270 bolt action, and a really nice rifle. The right side of the barrel is marked "Voere Voehrenbach Made in Germany" the left side of the action is marked "Kleinguenther Seguin Tex" and the ser # is 7885**. I have removed the bolt at the front of the floor plate, and there is no other obvious attatchment. Please HELP[?]

Comments

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Klein Guenther took Voere rifles and upgraded them. I have a number of Voeres including a 270 but mine are from Austria. Different companies - same name but both used the Mauser action quite often. I believe Klein Guenther is still in business, try a web search. If not, try searches for "collectible rifles" or "collectible firearms".

You are right - they are beauties.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got it [:I] The rear action screw was hidden under the (very un-Mauser like) trigger gaurd/floor plate. You have to drive out the floor plate release pin in order to access it. That is onebeautiful rifle.[:D]
  • Options
    scottscott Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it sounds like you have either a K14 or K15....when these were accurized by kleinguenther, they gave a 3 shot 1/2" guarentee ...the only disclaimer was... "as long as the barreled action wasnt removed from the stock "
  • Options
    texas-shootertexas-shooter Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful when you put it back together. The trigger guard/floorplate arrangement on the Kleinguenther K14 (with the detachable mag) is all aluminum. I know because I broke mine above the hinge. KDF (Kleinguenther Distinctive Firearms) bought out Bob Kleinguenther a number of years ago and has some spare parts. The one I broke was $250. I love mine (7MM Rem Mag) after I got done breaking it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it is a K-15. The floor plate/triggerguard is steel, but the thick plate inside of it is Al. The magazine is not removable. Thanks very much for the good information and advice[:D] (I need all of the help I can get[:o)]).