In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Churchill 7X57 made in England

jef098jef098 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
anyone know the value of this rifle?thanks excellent condition

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Churchill was brand name/trade name associated with at least two different Mauser bolt action rifles. They were made in Europe, probably in the 80's time frame. My 2?, is that there would no collectors interest in them, and there only value would be as deer rifles.

Post some quality pictures, some of the members could probably give you their ideas on value.
  • Options
    cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe you could have a authenic English jewell. What is the barrel address. EJ Churchill was one of the big five London gunmakers from the turn of the century, mostly known for their fine double guns. They did however make bolt guns as well, using Mauser actions and others.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what should I look for as in address?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jef098
    what should I look for as in address?

Give us all the markings and/or proof marks, on your rifle. Hopefully with these, we will be able to identify DOM/manufacturer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It was imported from England by a friend and is stamped made in England I don't own the gun yet but was thinking of buying it from him.I wanted some idea what it was worth so I know if he is asking to much or not for me to buy it...thanks for any info to help me...[:D]
  • Options
    Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Churchill Mausers of the 70's-80's are nice low to mid priced bolt rifles, very similar to the Whitworth and Mark X rifles. If my memory serves me well they all used CZ made barreled actions, though I'm not 100% sure on that. I had a Mark X in .308 that was a nice fine shooting rifle. If it's one of these it's a weapon probably worth around $400, give or take, if it's a nice one. If it's a Churchill from the early 20th century thats a different story.