In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

THOMPSON ARISTOCRAT ????

fatbobcatfatbobcat Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
I PICKED UP A THOMPSON ARISTOCRAT RIFLE NIB W/ EXTRA BARREL.
I STARTED LOOKING FOR SCOPE MOUNTS,BUT HAVE RAN INTO A WALL.
NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS RIFLE NO LESS WHERE TO FIND SCOPE MOUNTS. I AM HOPING SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME ABOUT THIS MODEL AND MAYBE WHERE I CAN FIND SOME MOUNTS. THANKS
FATBOBCAT

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wasn't a success, unlike the Contender. Thompson only made them for a short period of time in the 80's.

Call Thompson, last time I talked to their customer service people they were very helpfull. I'm sure that a scope mount was avilable for them, as they were top of the line items for Thompson at that time. Since they have been out of production for years, you might have to hunt around the auctions and fleabay for a used one, if the mount isn't standard.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fatbobcat,

I would call Thompson Center Customer Service. They are great folks to work with whether or not they can locate a scope mount for you. The next search should be through Brownells at:

www.brownells.com

Try calling Weaver for their mounts. If anyone made a scope mount for the TCR-83/87, they did.

You can call the folks at Bullberry because they make just about anything custom for the Contenders, Encores and G2's.

http://www.bullberry.com/

The rifles are not necessarily rare, just a bit hard to find. Do some searching on the websites that concentrate on T/C's to get some more resources.

Best.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hedgehopper62 and toolman9mm,

I'm going to presume that these are offers to sell even though it is not stated outright. The Guidelines state that offers of 'for sale' or 'trade' are not allowed on the forums. Please contact the poster by e-mail and I'll take care of deleting your posts.

Since this is getting to be a little more prevelant these days, I'm going to auto-delete posts that don't comply with the guidelines. I'm not trying to be dictatorial at all but the Guidesline are written by the owners of the forums for good reasons and they expect them to be enforced. They provide these forums for free but at a cost to themselves so their house, their rules as far as I'm concerned.

Please contact posters through their e-mail contact or if not available, post that they should contact you.

Thanks!