In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

K22 Masterpiece #21xxx Excellant Condition

snapshot007snapshot007 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
K22 has 6 inch barrel,serial#21xxx, Masterpiece model,takes long rifle,bought it new,200 rounds shot thru it.
Has holster very good condition,Outer's hard storage box old also in excellant condition.

1st edition
Year 1948 when bought,not sure of year manufactured??

My thanks to the experts who got me this far along.
This is data I have compiled so far.
Have photos.

What is fair value???

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The K22 Masterpiece was manufactured in 1940 with ser #s from 682,420 to 696,952 - your 21XXX doesn't match up. If it were a Masterpiece and in 98% condition you're looking at $1,500.00 or so, a little guessing on my part due to 6 year old blue book.

The Outdoorsman version was made 1931 to 1940, now maybe $750.00 in 98%.

Nice Smiths have gone up quite a bit in recent times, so if anyone has more accurate pricing feel free to chime in with "blue book prices are meaningless" and I can't disagree. I have 2 dozen or so Smiths, if I could have paid blue book I'd been able to have a half dozen more.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any K22 Masterpiece with a 21,000 serial range is a Second Model, and should have a "K" prefix on the serial number. If it were a First Model K22 Masterpiece, it would be worth a LOT more than the price stated.

Check the auction sites for recent sale prices of Pre-Model 17 K22 Masterpieces. There is one up now in the $500 range as I recall, with some time to go. The holster and case add nothing to the value.