In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AK 47 drum mag

jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
I JUST PURCHASED A 75 ROUND DRUM WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS . IT ONLY HOLDS 74 (73 IN DRUM 1 IN THE TOWER). HOW DO YOU USE THE GRAPHITE LUBE? CAN YOU UNWIND THE DRUM AFTER YOU WIND IT UP. I NEED THESE ANSWERS AND ANY OTHER HELP YOU CAN GIVE
THANKS
JIM

Comments

• Options
    jaoobjaoob Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know anything about the graphite.
    I assume this is a Chinese drum. To unwind you open it up and press the round button in the center of the drum. Keep your fingers clear or they will get chewed.
    You can load these up until ready for use and then windup. 3-4 turns, do not overwind.

Jim
  • Options
    cornfed69cornfed69 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to mention that when you load the drum you must first depress the button on the inside center and rotate the follower to the center of the drum. Then load five rounds in the frame nearest the top of drum, turn the wind knob enough to allow the rounds to enter tower.Then fill it up. You can leave it loaded like that as long as you want. Like the above stated just wind three times or so and you are ready. The lube is for the button inside drum.[:)]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1