In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Defender Series 90

BobG1BobG1 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hi gang,
I'd love to hear some comments on the Colt Defender Series 90. Read an article where an owner claims he's put 3500 rounds through the weapon using several different bullets without a single jam.

This was so impressive I ran right out and ordered one. Anyone out there have any experience with this weapon. I would think it's track record should be as good as the Colt Officers model.[:)]

BobG

Comments

• Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you "Run to to Order One?"

I Miss The World I Grew Up In!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plenty of em' for sale on GB
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do they take "Orders?" .... Maybe the local gun store will "Order" one in from the Factory, huh? .......NOT!

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt Defender is the best small .45. I have one. Had it for years and mine has never jammed either.[^][^][^]
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    The small, light, accurate Colt Defender is one of my very favorite carry guns. On mine it took about 200 rounds for a break in period before I got reliable feeding. At about 800 round I blew out the reverse plug due to backward spring installation (heres my sign, Im stupid) and sent it back to Colt. Colt had it back to me in 2.5 weeks repaired, no charge even though it was obvious 'operator error'.

Did a little fluff and buff when I got it back and have not had any problems since (about another 1000 rounds). Been using Winchester Ranger SXT 230 gr or Triton Quik-Shok as carry loads without any problems of any kind. I do not recommend a steady diet of the +p or +p+ loads in any alloy framed 1911.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I forgot to mention I am on the Left Coast of California and you just don't walk in and buy a handgun. (Unless your a Crook). I have a little gun dealer (FFL) who is a friend and I have him order what I want from a supplier in Reno, NV. It's usually here overnight but I got caught up in a 40 day wait.

You may only purchase one handgun per month then an additional 10 day wait on every DROS purchase.

BUT...I'm happy cuz I pick it up tomorrow.

[;)]
    quote:Originally posted by RancheroPaul
    Do they take "Orders?" .... Maybe the local gun store will "Order" one in from the Factory, huh? .......NOT!

BobG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Punch...
    Don't feel bad I did the same thing with my little Colt Mustang Pocketlite.

Here in California, if you send the handgun directly to Colt for repair, Colt will no longer return the weapon directly to you. According to Calif. Law Colt may return it to a FFL ONLY and if the FFL receiving it didn't himself send it in, he must go through the DROS process and a ten day wait even though it's your own gun. If the FFL sends it in and gets it back he can give it directly without any wait.

This doesn't apply to the Bad Guys, they just throw the broken gun away and steal another one...LOL [:)]

quote:Originally posted by punchie
    The small, light, accurate Colt Defender is one of my very favorite carry guns. On mine it took about 200 rounds for a break in period before I got reliable feeding. At about 800 round I blew out the reverse plug due to backward spring installation (heres my sign, Im stupid) and sent it back to Colt. Colt had it back to me in 2.5 weeks repaired, no charge even though it was obvious 'operator error'.

Did a little fluff and buff when I got it back and have not had any problems since (about another 1000 rounds). Been using Winchester Ranger SXT 230 gr or Triton Quik-Shok as carry loads without any problems of any kind. I do not recommend a steady diet of the +p or +p+ loads in any alloy framed 1911.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>

BobG
  • Options
    45love45love Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel Sorry for you CA guys. If you move somewhere gun friendly. Usually only need to have a drivers license & second form of ID with home address & the money. Cash & Carry. Same day usually within minutes/ sometimes takes an hour or so if phone check delays you. Way less hassle. Just bought a 45 acp Defender. love my colts.
    [8D]