In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bruch Plating?

SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had any personal experience with brush plating specifically firearms and if so what is your opinion. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Are you talking about brushed chrome? If you are it is very good, I've had about four guns done and it looks like stainless steel and wears very good.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Texas Electroplaters brush platers work well. You have to understand that the metal you are plating must be polished/finished exactly like you want the plated part to look. If there are pits and scratches in the metal, plating will not correct them.
    Bill
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill De is right. I have used Texas Platers for years for nickel and gold. Nickel plated several complete pistols after engraving and quite a lot of touch-up of worn-off plating. Gold plated a lamp base and various other touch-up work. I've found it very sensitive to good degreasing, Blue Wonder degreaser works well for touch-up work. My opinion brush plating is not as durable as industrial tank plating but all in all a good product.

Been there - Done that!