In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Brown Bear in Yugo AK

Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hows it work vs. Wolf with FMJ's?...It's the 125 Grain Soft Point stuff with laqured cases.

P:S: I posted this on the idoit forum and all I got was idiot responses...

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I am not going to answer again then[:o)]
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same in my opinion.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be fine.

Aim has a ok deal going on Golden Tiger 7.62x39 FMJ
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Golden_Tiger_7.62x39_124grn_FMJ.html
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot brown bear,silver bear and Wolf in most of my stuff and it works fine.
  • Options
    kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just shot up 460 rounds in my ak of fmj tiger from aim and it was fine ,,a friend of mine has had problems with hollow points during the 1st racking..after the 1st one it all ramped up fine into the receiver...tiger is good...and somewhat cheaper in price depending where u buy from.....1000 rd's from aim is a good deal and shipping was only 16 bucks to me in Michigan[:D]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AK's will eat crap and shoot lead. They simply do not care what brand they shoot. If the primer goes bang and the powder burning develops sufficient chamber pressure the bullet will indeed leave the barrel. If all goes according to plan the gas will impinge upon the gas piston and cycle the action loading yet another round. If all is well; it too will go BANG when the trigger is pulled repeating the rather simplistic mechanical action until such time as the magazine feeding the aforementioned rifle exhausts its supply. At that point you can simply remove the empty magazine and recharge with it with fresh ammo. One is most assuredly able to also use a precharged magazine and continue firing the gun for now and forever or the end of time whatever comes first. That is what is so fantastic about the AK 47 and its derivatives. It shoots all the crappy ammo you can feed it and you never have to clean it. It can be put in mud to store for a year and still go bang. For the love of Pete you are shooting a blaster. Just load the darn thing and pull the trigger. Bang is good, click is bad, Click happens when you are out of ammo. Now; don't get me wrong ammo is very important when you have a $1,500 dollar BAT action hooked to a LIJA match grade barrel with a Jewell trigger in a Shehane tracker stock topped by a Nightforce 6X42 power scope. But, in the case of a AK hunk of junk blaster; who actually gives a flying crap, just buy some ammo and go blast, brand means NOTHING.