In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HOW MANY BULLETS ? ar 15 mags

shady69shady69 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
How many bullets do you keep in allways loaded 30 rd alumanum d&h mags with ss spring ? Is it better to keep 28 so the spring is not fully compressed or dose ot matter!

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I always rotate my ammo to other mags to avoid spring fatigue
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    never30, always 29 or less. mag is sure to hit home if bolt is foward.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shady69

A bullet is the moving projectile that is fired from a loaded round in a gun. Magazines or clips hold rounds of ammo not bullets.

Don't take it a a criticism we all have stuff to learn. I'm just trying to help.
  • Options
    Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    30, 29, 28, it doesn't matter with new mags at all, the loading and unloading (I.E. Shooting) wears them out...
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shady69, Round is a military term meaning cartridge.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The follower has a stop under it that keeps the spring from being over compressed. Load the magazines with all 30 cartridges and leave them loaded, thats what they were engineered to do. The springs won't wear out from being compressed. One day they will fail from metal fatigue from being compressed and uncompressed and compressed and umcompressed over and over, but it probably wont happen in your lifetime unless you use those magazines a whole lot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is this a english class web sight or a weapon sight! Thank you sirs for the weapon related answers, english dudes you must really be board, but thanks anyway
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shady69
    Is this a english class web sight or a weapon sight! Thank you sirs for the weapon related answers, english dudes you must really be board, but thanks anyway

And you need to pay attention and learn some things so as not to be as ignorant.
    CP
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shady69

No, I am not particularly bored; but I try to learn from folks and alleviate my ignorance whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I did however put a board up last weekend for a shelf in the barn.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry english dudes only have 7th grade ohio education, hade to get job (dad died ) still trying to get better at english though. I only make misstakes if I wake up ! 69 years young