In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is a hopkins & allen 16 ga single rare

vinewoodcabvinewoodcab Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I was looking in comepleted auctions in last 90 days and found none? found a 12 ga thats exactly like it and they titled it rare and priced it high and received no bids. The gun is full functional but old and shows some wear to the stock there is a 4 digit serial number below the trigger guard starting with a Then 3 numbers and it says nowhere 16 ga? Any body know manufacture date? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me. it would really help as this 1 will be not going into the collection but rather be listed on gun broker when I get enough info to list it properly (please no e-mails to sell I have several guns being listed on gun broker auctions soon.)

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopkins & Allen was a very prolific U.S. firearms manufacturer. They were in business from at least the 1870's, to approximately 1916. The various firearms they manufactured over the years, were inexpensive utility grade guns. They didn't sell for big bucks when new, and aren't worth a lot of money nowadays. As you have a single barrel, 16 gauge, chambered for 2 5/8" shells? that is at least 90 years old. Your not going to be financing a early retirement, by selling it.
  • Options
    vinewoodcabvinewoodcab Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks I am not looking to retire on it lol. I just dont have any reason to keep it. i would rather see it in the hands of someone who will enjoy it. I have several single shots. I was curious to the value compared to a 12 guage?. thanks does not alot mean expect less than $100?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on it's cosmetics? More then likely, a short chambered 16 Gauge? ( might be dangerous with modern 2 3/4" shells ). Between $50 & $100, to the proverbial right person. Most likely as a decorator/wall hanger. My 2?.