In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Computer problem on gunbroker

kendwellkendwell Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
This morning, unable to find GB via google search or netscape search,
AOL "unable to find site" got on sideways thru a seller link, but unable to access watch list or bid on item. What gives?

Comments

• Options
    Hardrada55Hardrada55 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same problem. Can't get on directly. I managed to get on the forum by googling Gunbroker and following a link about the message forums. But clicking on the "home" button above takes me no where. I'm in west Texas on SBC and use fire fox.
  • Options
    Shuffs ParkerizingShuffs Parkerizing Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried to get on for 14 hours now. Aint happening.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10:27 EST...I just got on...Can it be regional...I'm almost computer illiterate!!!!
    JIM...........
  • Options
    retired56retired56 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    try using internet explorer with out AOL. If you have cable modem. It works that way
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took me three tries just now. had to hit retry. Kept saying there was an error.
  • Options
    kendwellkendwell Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took many tries: here is the message:

aolsearch.aol.comafe?invocationType=504error&query=www%2egunbroker%2ecom...

Looks like someone at AOL is having an anti-gun day. I am going to submit this to the drudge report.
  • Options
    Andrew hallAndrew hall Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same problem here in Palm Springs. Got to the message forum only. I can access sale side directly from my Palm Pilot, but not from home computer. No better with Foxfire or Safari.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This problem seems to be an AOL issue only. My suggestion is to not use AOL. Also, this topic does not belong on the Experts forum, so I will either move it, or lock it.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All,

I got right on this morning, both sides, no problems.

I have no idea if there is a problem or not. We here on the forums are not privy to the goings-on over on the Auction side, therefore I can't provide any guidance over what we normally suggest.

See if you can use this link to Customer Support. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the button that says something like 'My problem isn't on this list':

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/TopSupportFAQs.asp

Make a report and wait to see if ADMIN gets back to you or the problem gets cleared up.

I will make this point once again:

AOL, Time-Warner, Google and a number of other internet service providers and 'search services' are ANTI-GUN. There is no way around this, it is a fact. It is not beneath them to use Denial of Service on a whim.

AOL has announced that it will cease supporting Netscape:

http://www.feedsyndicate.com/articles/7009566933

Maybe you should stop supporting the folks who work so hard to take your guns away?

Best.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    No Problem on this end .......