In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington R-15 VTR???

travis13travis13 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
I would love to have one, but does anyone know if they have been released yet and how much they will be? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    They have been out for years, http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWVMS20FPRED8.asp

I have had one for 6yrs now in the varminter with the 24" bbl. This is a great shooter.

Only thing new is the name painted on the side of it.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Thats right, the financial group owns Cerebrus owns Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin, H&R, NEF, LC Smith.....so there is some "cross branding". The Remington V-15 is just an AR that is dressed up to appeal more to the hunting crowd.

BTW I have a DPMS upper assembly much like this and it works greaton my Stag Arms lower.
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, with the Remington name on it plan on paying quite a bit more for it now though!
  • Options
    travis13travis13 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you get the Bushmaster version with a 18" barrel and the collapable stock like the Remington has?
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by travis13
    Can you get the Bushmaster version with a 18" barrel and the collapable stock like the Remington has?

You can get the Bushmaster in any style you like, http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_main_index.asp

My point is that Bushmaster is the company that MAKES the Remington AR style rifles. There are several makers of AR rifles. I think Remington (who is owned by the same company as Bushmaster now) saw the amount of people that were upset by the Zumbo comments last year. They saw lots of dollar signs from the amount of people that have and will buy AR rifles.