In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning .410 pump

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
Trying to find a certain model but not sure what it is. Looks like the BPS, but is engraved with dogs and Pheasant on the side. Would have been bought sometime in the 80's.

Was it a special edition or what.

Comments

• Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could this be it?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84233259

It's a good thing all the ones I have seen have been full choke.
    This is about the only gun I still lust for but it would have to be a skeet choke, until then I can save my money.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats not it. The one I'm tring to find does not have any ducks on it. If it was me I like the one you found.

Trying to find this for a friend, 1st gun he bought and it was stolen from his Parents home.

From what he describes there was no brass in the engraving. But the style is the very same.

Why could you not get that one and just replace the barrel with the choke you want.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Well if there is no ejection port on the side, and its a Browning, then it has to be a BPS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See its a specific of the rack gun. He bought it as a kid said it cost about$580 then. It is the engraved that he is looking for and I've found none that are engraved like that. Was hoping somebody else had.

Know how he feels. in the lat 70's I had a Dan Wesson Pistol stolen. I had almost shot the Barrel out I shot it so much. Figured that after the pistol I could peice together a Pistol Pack. I just got the complete pack just like I wanted.

So I would like to at least find out what hte had so I can narrow my search down some. Already have Browning .410 on my searches thru gunbroker ans get my daily e-mail.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I feel for your friend as well. My fatehr bought me a NIB Browning Auto 5 Light 12ga when I was a kid for my birthday. He made me wait until I was 13, passed hunters education, and got a hunting license to use though. It was stolen from his house(where I had left it while at college) in 2003. Never got it back, and miss it all the time. Good Luck
  • Options
    bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you certain it was a browning. Did Ithica make a 37 in 410. Seems they had a little engraving on them. ?????? Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bsdoyle
    Are you certain it was a browning. Did Ithica make a 37 in 410. Seems they had a little engraving on them. ?????? Just my 2 cents.

Exactly what I thought too even found some like that.
  • Options
    ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ithaca never madea a 37 in 410.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just checked I see what you mean. would have sworn I saw one the other day. But have been on some good pain med lately too.