In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo ID

Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
,,,,need help identifying what appears to be miniature shotgun shells,,,,,they are no larger than a .22LR and are loaded with sawdust like substance,,,,,have pix but unable to get them to post on GB,,,,,any ideas what they might be used for ?????????

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was loading some AK magazines the other day in prep for going to the range. I keep an ammo can of loose 7.62 X 39.

While loading my mags I encountered 10 rounds of ammo mixed in with my AK ammo. Dont know how it got in there. This ammo is 7.62 and has a case 1/4" longer than AK ammo and 1/4" shorter than .308 - 7.62 X 51. Anyone know what caliber it is?

Here is a pic... ?? ammo in the middle. AK on left. .308 on right.

[img][/img]IMG_2881.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend hand some old ammo in boxes and asked if I could find out what he had:

RAIS, M41 .38 Special
    WW38 S&IW Western
    .45 ACP F.A.937 Looked like two military papers boxes with about 20 round per box.

Thanks

Emmett
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have some 30 Caliber M2 Ball ammo.
    Bullet is Cupro-Nickle
    Primers are sealed in red and the bullets are sealed in red also.
    Headstamp is TE 57 C 1
    I know it is 30-06, want to know where it was made.
    According to Cartridges of the World; it is machine gun ammo.
    152gr. bullet.
    Is the "TE" or "C" the manufacturer?

If the "C" there are 3 possibilities.
    1. Creedmore Cartridge Co., Barberton OH
    2. Munitionsfabrik Cassel, Cassel, Germany
    3. Pirotecnico Dell'Esercito Capua, Capua, Italy

If the "TE" there are 2 possibilities.
    1. Cartoucherie de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
    2. Toyo Seiki, Ltd., Tokyo, Japan

Just something for the experts to think about.

I know pictures say a thousand words. Can not remember my Picture Trail account[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ran across some ammo headstamp FA then T&P I know FA is Frankford Arsenal what about the T P? Someone told me may be match ammo?
    Thanks JGW

[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    went to small gun show this morning, ended up buying ziploc bag full, 32, of 8mm mauser, 8x57 the head markings are z on top, roman numeral 7, VII, on bottom on left 19, on right 37, the bullet is silver jacketed (steel) any ideas on what it is? also the brass is drab green color, I'm sure its military safe to shoot?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think I know what it is but just double checking.

I have about 700 rds of copper colored .308 ammo. It is stamped 61 on the top and 92 on the bottom.

I think it is Chinese made in 92......
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC, 7.62X 45, developed by one of the Warsaw pact countries as their version of the SKS cartridge. Possible Czech? Does not interchange.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As 11b6r noted it's Czech. Their the only country to ever use it as their standard military cartridge. It was used in their Model VZ 52, military rifle, ( commonly know to U.S. collectors as the "SHE" rifle ).

The 7.62 x 45 wasn't in use long. The Czech's redesigned the SHE rifle to take the standard Russian 7.62 x 39 cartridge, in 1957.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys...... I'll put it in my collection. 11b, It not only is not interchangeable, it does not even fit in an AK mag.

Trying to put this stuff in an AK would be like trying to fit 30-06 in an M1A.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Lefty: what's the headstamp on that .308 on the right in the photo? Thanks, Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Joe, Its Wolf .308. Not bad ammo, non-magnetic bullets, so they are good for steel plates. Non-corr also. I picked up 5 boxes at the gun show to try out.

[img][/img]IMG_0006-2.jpg
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    LL..givette here. Tks a million. Best in the new year, Joe