In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NcStar Mark III 10-40X50 scope

dnkpalmerdnkpalmer Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am wanting feed back on the NcStar Mark III scope. I am looking at putting it on a Rem. 700 .308 Varmit. I would like to know about how well it has performed for someone that owns one. I am also wondering if they make a fixed power and if someone has any feedback on one of those. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I think it is about bottom of the list as far a quality . You get what you pay for in Scopes.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NCStar are low end made in China scopes.

I can't speak to that model in particular, but in general these lower end scopes have poor brightness and don't hold a zero well.

There is a reason good scopes and other optics are so expensive and its because high-end lenses and high tolerances cost big money.

A great warranty isn't going to make up for missed shots.

Personally, if I were interested in using this rifle for serious target shooting or hunting, I'd save up for better optics.

If you want to know what products they have, check here:

http://ncstar.com/new/other.php?o=1
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forget that Chinese garbage and get yourself a Burris Fullfield 4.5-14x44 scope, worth the extra money, will last you a lifetime and will hold zero, unlike the NC Star!
  • Options
    deadeye DeGrootdeadeye DeGroot Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I owned a NcStar 10-40x50 with light up crosshairs. The scope worked great on my 22-250 that had hardly any recoil, great for varmits. I decided to put it on my 7mm mag. cause I thought it was great scope, little did I know the damn thing couldnt handle the recoil.After every 5th shot or so I would have to go and re-zero.I finally retired the scope when the crosshair broke internally. They claim that they sell to the military but that is not military quality. Your best bet is to go with nikon or leupold at a reasonable price. If you dont care about the price go with the best Zeiss or Swarvorski
  • Options
    DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think everyone at one time or another has bought one of the cheap scopes....Nothing like dissapointment when you wish you could get your money back.

There are many scopes that are better optics for not much more money.

I bought a bushnell a few weeks ago that it better than any china scope and was only $205 with tax and shipping included.