In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BAR trigger help

bandcollectorbandcollector Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a BAR II Safari in 338 win mag, and it hands down has the worst trigger of any rifle I own including some of the cheap 22's. The weight is not that bad it is the amount of "creep" that is very excessive. I looked at the tigger and it is very simple and I started to break out the stones but then I decided to take it to my gunsmith. When I did call him about it he said he would not do a trigger job on a BAR. Is he in the majority on this? The other respected G smith in this area is out until the 2nd week of the new year and I'm afraid he will tell me the same thing.

Comments

• Options
    ljc2tallljc2tall Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 270 wsm Bar. I noticed the trigger creep was terrible. I checked my other guns and it is the worst. Please post what the other gunsmith has to say. I plan on asking my local gunsmith as to what he can do for me. I have a buddy with a 300 wsm Bar. He has a lot of travel but really no creep like mine.
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had the same trouble with a BLR last year. Contacted Browning and was told to basically live with it. Tool it to a local "respected" gunsmith (and factory "authorized" reapir center) and he wanted $275 to "fix" it. That's when I sold it and bought a Remington. Browning = Overhyped Junk.