In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Utica SxS Shotgun

elishamanelishaman Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for parts for a SxS shotgun. It has Utica Firearms Co on the receiver and London Fluid Steel on the top of the barrels. The buttplate has Simmons Hardware Co on it. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Utica was a trade-name for shotguns made by the Crescent Firearms Company for Simmons Hardware.

Try www.e-gunparts.com but use "Crescent" for parts.
  • Options
    wwg55wwg55 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    elishaman if you can find an extra set of those barrels. I need them. If your gun cannot be repaired I willl buy thBarrels from you
  • Options
    elishamanelishaman Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe it is a Crescent. In the schematic on e-guns website a Crescent has removable side plates on the receiver. The receiver on my gun is all one piece. It looks more like a Hopkins Allen or a Fox model bde.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elishaman
    I do not believe it is a Crescent. In the schematic on e-guns website a Crescent has removable side plates on the receiver. The receiver on my gun is all one piece. It looks more like a Hopkins Allen or a Fox model bde.

Well, Savage/Stevens was located in Utica, NY so maybe they made some shotguns for Simmons under that trade name as well. Try back at e-gunparts and look at a Savage 530. Pictures would help.