In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 97 riot gun serial number e924182

cooldean58cooldean58 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
My Dad's grandfather owned a Winchester model 97 riot gun serial number e924182. It's in good condition and it looks to have a choke or a vent tube on the end of the barrel. I believe it's all original. Very little rust and the wood stock has a few scratches. I shot it this afternoon and it seems to be in good working order. Can someone tell me what year this gun was manufactured and about what the gun is worth. It does have U.S. on the gun so it looks to be military issue. I am thinking of giving this gun to my nephew, who just spent 3 tours in Iraq with the Marine Corp. He has always admired this gun.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is what the US military Winchester 97 Trench gun looks like.

If somebody has put a compensator on the end of the barrel it wasn't done by Winchester or the US military. This would have a negative affect on its value as far as collectors are concerned.

Post quality photos of the shotgun for accurate identification and valuation from our folks.

m1897.jpg
  • Options
    MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Below are a couple of close up picture of a my 97 trench gun. Hopefully, you have a good receiver marked "US", a ordinance bomb on the top of the barrel and the numbers on the underside of the receiver match. Also, if the butt stock has identifying inspectors stamp, that would be great, as each of these will help the value of the gun.

[img][/img]TRENCH_GUN_10.jpg
    [img][/img]TRENCH_GUN.jpg
    [img][/img]TRENCH_GUN_20.jpg