In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

looking for a Rossibraztec 3 1/2" camo

silver salmonsilver salmon Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
I saw somewhere a RossiBraztec single shot shotgun in a camo stock with 23" barrel 3 1/2" 12 ga..it comes with 2 choke tubes (.065" and the other cylinder)
I want to buy one for turkeys anyone know the stock # that Rossi uses? S121240STD is the wood stock version I'm after camo

thank you

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rossi name is owned by Taurus; you might want to contact them.

Neal
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: looking for a Rossibraztec 3 1/2" camo

Why? Looked at H&R Handi-rifles instead? At least they have customer service.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why? Looked at H&R Handi-rifles instead? At least they have customer service.

Because I want one that's why!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No accounting for taste, I suppose, and you might want to back off a little. I am merely trying to point out that since you are looking for a single shot, you might want to at least try to buy American. Since Rossi's acquisition by Taurus they have definately come up the food chain in terms of qaulity control etc. Dick's, much as I hate to reccommend them for anything, has a special order catalog that has many of the Braztech guns listed...you might get some satisfaction there as they use a cross refference system that lists the companies catalog numbers as well as their own internal order #. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well when NEF/H&R/Rem makes a single shot shotgun in 3 1/2" 12ga with an extended slug tube and a .065 tube as well as scope base and heavy recoil pad in camo around 23" for under $140 I'll buy one of them.
    My original question was not which American company or about customer service or personal taste... it was to ask " the model number of the camo Rossi I am looking for"
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    The Rossi name is owned by Taurus; you might want to contact them.

Neal

The business relationship between Rossi and Taurus is a little more complicated than that; Rossi is not simply a wholly-owned subsidiary of Taurus.

As I understand it, Taurus has the right make and sell certain long-guns under the Rossi brand name and then use Rossi's distribution in the USA to sell them. Rossi uses Taurus manufacturing to build its handguns. That way Taurus gets to make long guns, and Rossi gets to make handguns. This explains why the "circuit judge" rifle/shotgun is branded Rossi, not Taurus.

Braztech is the name of the American company that imports and distributes the Rossi-branded guns (again, some, but not all of which are made by Taurus).

Whatever the exact nature of the business arrangement, if you have specific questions about Rossi-labelled guns, the best way to get answers is probably to contact Rossi USA (not Taurus).

I can't commment on the quality of their customer service, but the phone number is 305-474-0401.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, SS, did you bother to read the part where I told you to go to Dick's and peruse their catalog? I gave you an answer even in light of your questionable taste. There is a reason the Rossi stuff has been largely looked down upon over the years. I had tons of people attempt to bring their Triple Play and combo guns back for so many various mechanical issues I cannot enumerate them. If you are comfortable with the thought of a $140 "3 1/2 turkey gun, then good for you! If you are not willing to take the advise about where and how to find the catalog information, again, good for you. In the interim, you AND your attitude can go bugger yourselves.