In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Never assembled 1948 Model 12 ??

PEMMCOPEMMCO Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
I have a Winchester Model 12 - serial number 1128380. I think it was from 1948. It is a standard stock, 12 guage/full choke. The gun has never been assembled or shot. Still in the original box.

Can you tell me how I might go about finding the value of a gun like this? The only gun values I can find are for used guns. thanks

Comments

• Options
    Winchester 1912Winchester 1912 Member Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you add in about 30% for original box and all paperwork,that gun would be valued in the $1000.00 range.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I have seen them sell here occasionally and agree somewhere around 1k. I have also seen the same gun in 20ga do triple that.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PEMMCO
    Hello,
    I have a Winchester Model 12 - serial number 1128380. I think it was from 1948. It is a standard stock, 12 guage/full choke. The gun has never been assembled or shot. Still in the original box.

Can you tell me how I might go about finding the value of a gun like this? The only gun values I can find are for used guns. thanks

In the condition you describe, it is worth at least $1250. The exact configuration of the gun might add several hundred $$$ more to that number.
  • Options
    Winchester 1912Winchester 1912 Member Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I've observed in the past few years, the more open the choke is, the higher the dollar value is. Full choke seems to be in less demand especially if the barrel is 28 inches. A little over a year ago, I saw a Model 12 of the same vintage that had a 28 inch improved cylinder barrel go for over 1200 dollars and it was an honest 98% gun but no box or paperwork. Unassembled and in the original box with all tags and paperwork present will get you the premium price. Good luck.