In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning A-Bolt 22 MAG

jimnenejimnene Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a Browning Abolt 22 mag that i purchased about 8 yrs ago. this past week while digging through the ol gun safe it caught my eye and trigger finger. My problem is i cant seem to find a base to mount a scope with. I looking for leupold base but if i need to change direction here i hope someone can help me out with the correct answer here. im just curious if anyone out there knows which base i need.

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    heres the thing. i have tried the leupold 2 piece base for browning short action. this style doesnt work because on the rear set of the base the screw will lock the bolt down so it can not be opened. i have seen leupold browning a bolt 22 LR{ long rear base) and just curious if this is the set i need. just hate to order then when it gets here be the wrong thing. i have not found anything on the net that says "here ya go buy these because these are for the a-bolt 22 mag." just aggravated.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello jimnene,

Welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker.com.

I know that the A-Bolt 22's are drilled and tapped for mounts, but they also have the 3/8 dovetail for mounting. Why not use them? I used the Burris Signature Zee rings on mine, and am extremely happy. It is a very accurate rifle, although mine is in 22LR.

Best

EDIT 1

You are very welcome for the welcome!

I know there are some asthetics at stake, but there are some manufacturers out there like Millette that make decent looking rings for the 3/8 dovetail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks TSR for the welcoming. well that is pretty much what i have in mind of doing. i just prefer to have the base set up but as aggravating as this is getting the dovetail is looking better lol. thanks for the suggestion
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well it took leupold a bolt lr base and when i got home had the same prob. started digging through my oh hell box found another set of bases and had to use one of the smaller screws out of that package. so all in all very satisified shooter again . got her all tuned in and ready to go. thanks for the suggestions