In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mosin Nagant stock

brunette63brunette63 Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
My mosin nagant handgrip likes to slide every three shots. The rings keep sliding. Is their anyway to fix this or is it normal?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    my mosin stock says PU near butt plate does any1 know what this means?
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know if that's normal, but make sure the rings are tight. If not you can take some electrical tape or small piece of fabric or if you've got some double sided tape about 1/4 inch wide and place between the rings and the stock. You can fold them so they don't show and then re-tighten the rings and this should tighten up the stock so it doesn't slide.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've done similar things to what was just reccomended to you, but I use chip board and cut it to size. No adhesive to gum things up, and it is pretty hard for cardboard so will last a while. One of my SVT-40's loses the front heat shield after about 20 rounds otherwise.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how do you tightin rings cuz there is a little space betwwen them but i dont want to not be able to take them off
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most times the band spring isn't doing it's job because it's either gummed up, or needs to be bent a little to hold things in place.
    Take the band off and see if the spring has free movement, and if it sticks out past the wood. Be careful bending the spring, too much and they snap.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    From your description I bet it is a 91, not a 91/30, hence no bandsprings.

I jammed a toothpick under mine.
  • Options
    utbrowningmanutbrowningman Member Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check at www.7.62x54r.net and see if they have an answer.