In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

4 inch j frame holster

tonguerivertongueriver Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
I just went through the fat Midway catalog and found nothing. I am looking for a nice belt holster for a four inch barrel Smith and Wesson J frame 22/32 kit gun. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any custom holster maker should be easily able to make you one to any spec you like.

If you want something off the rack, try Bianchi Catalog # 14096. That's a thumb-break leather waist holster for 4" bbl SW "kit" revolvers.

Here is one source with picture; there are others:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bianchi-5bhl-thumbsnap-plain-tan-right-hand-14096.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you; I appreciate it.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used 4" J-frame holsters are listed on eBay from time to time.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tongueriver,

Hello, and welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker!

Try this link.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

I prefer the lined leather. I had to order one directly from them for my S&W 66 2 1/2 incher, as no one had any in stock. I got the 5BHL model...love it! The size you are looking for is the 04.

Best

EDIT 1:

Tongueriver,

You are quite welcome. Be forwarned, that these are not cheap, and sometimes you can find them on the auction side at a discount price. Ordering direct, you are going to pay full retail, plus shipping. However, I like good leather, and this is some of the best, aside from going full custom to someone like Mitch Rosen...who by the way has extrordinary gun leather, of all different species.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you TSR; Looks like I might want one for my 66 also; haha. I have a bunch of cheap holsters around; I would like to get some nice ones.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    El Paso Saddlery and call it a day www.epsaddlery.com They make top notch holsters.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great holsters, my wife had a model 34 and a bianchi holster from me before she got a ring.
    This was 32 years ago and all three still look fine.
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    Tongueriver,

Hello, and welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker!

Try this link.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

I prefer the lined leather. I had to order one directly from them for my S&W 66 2 1/2 incher, as no one had any in stock. I got the 5BHL model...love it! The size you are looking for is the 04.

Best

EDIT 1:

Tongueriver,

You are quite welcome. Be forwarned, that these are not cheap, and sometimes you can find them on the auction side at a discount price. Ordering direct, you are going to pay full retail, plus shipping. However, I like good leather, and this is some of the best, aside from going full custom to someone like Mitch Rosen...who by the way has extrordinary gun leather, of all different species.

Best