In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Brolin Arms Legacy .50cal

jdrf988jdrf988 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
I was recently given a Brolin Arms Legacy Model .50cal in-line rifle, serial number 99 13887. There is no manual, and I am having trouble finding information about this rifle, let alone the company. This is my first and only black-powder firearm. Can anyone shed some light?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were a company located in Southern California about 15 years ago. Most of the firearms they handled were modern paramilitary types. Most were imported, I doubt that the actually manufactured anything, other then perhaps assembling some guns.

As they have been out of business for many years, not likely you would be able to obtain the original manual.

Post quality close up photos of the rifle and it's mechanism. Perhaps somebody would be able to identify the original manufacturer and you could obtain a manual that way.
  • RennyGRennyG Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one, complete with manual. This is the first year I ever hunted with it, and it took two deer, both over 100yds. Mine doesn't specifically say "Brolin Arms" or "J Sports" anywhere. All it says is "The Legacy" (made in China.) What little information I have found leads me to believe these are all the same gun, probably just imported by different folks over the years. Anyway, I could probably scan a pdf of the manual or answer any questions you might have. Let me know. Thanks.