In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How the Heck do you load a Steyr 95/34

hardedgehardedge Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Ask the Experts
I couldn't resist a $100 price for a Steyr 95/34 straight pull with two clips and 10 rounds of ammo. Only one problem... How do you load a clip? It goes in easy enough and latches in place but I can't close the bolt. The top round is below the chamber and the bolt catches on the rim of round. Do I just ram it home with the help of a 5lb sledge (frightening) or am I doing something wrong (likely). Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    No, no problem... once you load the clip and snap it down into place, a smart push foward should push the round up into the chamber. The bolt is supposed to catch on the rim of the round as it is a push feed (not controlled feed) design. The feed ramp should take care of the round being low.

One possible issue is that you got the rim of the top round in BEHIND the rim of the 4th round. That occasionally happens with rimmed rounds in a magazine and will hold things up pretty good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'll go to the range and try it tomorrow. Basements tend to amplify loud noises! :-)

-O'B.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. -Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, it's not tomorrow, but your solution was 100000% on the mark. Thank you so much!!