In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger P90 vs Springfield Ultra Compact

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Since the Ruger P90 is in debate this evening I thought I would ask a question concerning my next gun purchase.

I am considering purchasing a .45 pistol just for collecting and shooting with carry and personal defense as an occasional secondary purpose.

First, I am a Ruger guy and own most of the P series pistols except for the .45 cals. Second, I am not too much of a Ruger guy not to consider another brand .45 pistol if the reliability is there.

Presently I have a great deal on a used Springfield Ultra Compact. Still, for the same price I could buy a used P90 plus another gun to boot. Is the Ultra Compact that much more superior to the P90 to warrant the extra cost?

I have shot and like them both now I just need to decide which one. Ruger or Springfield?

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.<BR>

Comments

• Options
    LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion, but comparing the P90 to the Springfield is like the old apples and oranges deal. These guns are in two different categories. You might consider a full size 1911. I think it would be more enjoyable for just shooting.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a P-90 and a Springfield TRP and one of Springfields Loaded Models they are fine guns.But the P-90 is as durable and should shoot as good or better.IMHO you get more bang for your buck with the P-90 and it will shoot most any load you put in it.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret