In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2-sxs

dutch_53dutch_53 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
i have 2-sxs #1-h.pieper 12ga.xcaliber? hammers ,front &rear site w/peep site. #2-geo.fisher 12 ga. x 12 ga. hammers also has cast steel barrels , both fire arms has 32" barrels . i cannot not find either in any books,dealers etc. can you please advise thanks dutch

Kemner A. Pieper

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Both guns are of Belgian origin. You'll find ELG proofs on the underside of each set of barrels. While there were many grades of guns made, the vast majority were inexpensive utility guns manufactured in the years around 1900 on up to WW1. Cast steel is a hallmark of such guns and is considered unsafe to shoot because of the poor quality of metals produced at the time.

These guns are wallhangers in almost every circumstance. Please don't attempt to fire them as cast steel failures (if they happen) can be much more violent than damascus.

Values, even in the best of condition, will seldom top the $200.00 mark. Most times the guns will sell for half that amount.

Nord
  • Options
    dutch_53dutch_53 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks nord . i thought that they were belgim . the fisher was my grandfather's shotgun. the pieper i bought at auction . which is my last name. thanks again dutch

Kemner A. Pieper