In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stith - Install it yourself mounts

taxmisertaxmiser Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm attempting to refurbish my dad's old Model 70 (prewar) to like-new condition. He sold it in the mid-60's but I did track it down and acquire it. Had to replace the stock and barrel since both had been cropped. It had been fitted with an old Weaver K6 with a 1 min. Lee dot in a Stith Install-it-yourself mount which had been discarded at some point in tiime. I contacted the Weaver Repair shop and they had the correct K6 complete with dot. The last unresolved problem is finding the right mount. I have bought three that were for the Winchester 70/K6 (1.340 dia.) configuration, none of which are the correct height. These old Weavers were not the centered crosshair type that eventually replaced them. Does anyone have or know of parts and or information for these fine old mounts? Any help would be really appreciated!

Happy New Year from Montana to one and all!

Comments