In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T series Browning Hi Power 9mm

jetcrusr69jetcrusr69 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
It is 98%. Never shot. Blueing worn off in one spot on the side of the muzzle from taking in and out of pouch. Whats it worth?

Brian

Comments

• Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my humble opinion; if you are buying, I would say $350 would be a deal--$400 would be OK if you really want a Browning as a carry pistol. Personally, I love old High Powers and would like to have it, even at $400. Make sure it comes with a factory Browing high cap magazine. And be sure to ask how many mags come with it. The old Browning high caps are worth about $50 a piece.

Also, if I may add, it is highly improbable that a 98% gun with muzzle wear has never been fired. Not impossible--just highly improbable. It would take millions of trips in and out of a pouch to wear blue off. So check the bore. Again, that's my humble opinion (that you didn't ask for).

Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The T-Series is my favorite of the Browning automatic pistols. Does your pistol have the ring hammer or the later spur type? T-Series in the condition which you describe move quite easily in the $500 range among Browning collectors if you have an earlier pistol with the ring hammer, the black pouch, instruction sheet and the two 13 shot magazines. You earn a small premium for these items. These pistols are not really rare, but they are very sought after by collectors who feel that they are the finest of the Hi Powers. Because of this value falls off quickly as condition drops from new, to excellent...and below that they are just fine shooters.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Irecently sold one that was factory refinished for close to $700.00.I forgot to say this gun had no pouch but had two 13rnd mags.

[8D][8D]

ATF<P><br>
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From a collectability standpoint, there are two types of Browning High Powers--mint condition and "shooters." Collectors have interest only in High Powers in top condition, and T-series guns are still available in mint condition. They may cost several hundred dollars more, but that won't make any difference to a collector. They go for condition.

A 98% T-series Highpower is not collectable. It's just another 9mm shooter. And I might add, one of the best 9mm pistols ever made.

My humble opinion,
    Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)