In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model Four

tim355tim355 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hello.....I am confused about the Remington Model Four I have in layaway. I have read that the 740's and 742's had problems with bolt rotation, and read this was fixed with the model 7400. The store told me this gun was made after the refinements and they only made Model Four's in two years, 1982 and 1983? It looks almost new, appears to be a BDL model. I see none of the 7400's are "BDL"? I can find no info on this gun. Am I wrong to buy it? It jumped out of the rack among all the 740/742/7400's because it has the base of the shell of the caliber it is chambered in (30.06) embedded in the receiver. Nice looking gun. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first post as a new member. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tim,

If I remember correctly the Model Four is a higher finished more refined 7400. It was made after the 740/742 and should not have any of the problems those models are known for. However, I have a 742 that's been in the family for 30 years and have never had a problem with it.

KC
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    the m-4 is a fancyed up m-7400, better than the 742's. keep the chamber clean and a couple of extra extractors on hand.