In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cetme Problem Need Help Please

pat1pat1 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Just bought a Cetme at the Gun Show from an individual
not a dealer. Gun appeared to look fine. The guy told me it shot very
well. He lied. Put 10 rds in the mag and the first 3 shots go full
automatic, very fast!!! then the 4th. shot will not fire at all, you
have to re-cock the gun to the 5th. rd. and then it will fire 1 time
and then jam. If you put in 2 rds. they go full auto also. I know i'll
never see this guy again. What do I need to do to fix this problem.
The reciver is an Century Arms......Please HELP!!! Thanks....

Comments

• Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CETME's are good guns but Century assembled many from part piles and such. The one continuous complaint is they didn't pay much attention to the final assembly. Any gunsmith can smooth it out. Dealer price for them is $299 at this time. I am thinking of one, but I am fully planning on taking it out of the box and going to my favorite gunsmith and expect another $100 in getting it up to snuff.
    Even at $399 or so it's not a bad deal. I feel the gun is worth saving. The other guy just didn't want to mess with it.
    One working you may love it. Get em while you can.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could be the guy who sold it to you "messed" with it to try to make a full auto. Then he got it so screwed up he decided to sell it. I've seen this before.

You must take this gun to a smith to get it fixed and do it immediately. A firearm that fires more than one round with a single pull of the trigger, technically, is a machinegun. You now have in your posession an illegal firearm.

My humble suggestion,
    Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I agree with Rafter on this one. Get it repaired NOW before someone taps you on the shoulder and says come with me!!! I thoroughly enjoy mine and got lucky with Century's WECSOG approach to gun building. No problems at all.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep! Sounds like someone has done a "home trigger job" and screwed it up. Best advise I can offer is to;

A) Send it to Williams Trigger Specialties and have it done properly! They will return a very nice smooth trigger with much lower pull weight; costs around $65(this is not their "set trigger" option), however additional parts may be needed so yours may run a little more.

OR (at the very least)

B) Order a new US made hammer & sear from www.gunsnstuff.net and replace them yourself ... most likely thats what was screwed with trying to smooth out and lighten or shorten the pull - I would reccomend having a professional do this if you have ANY reservations about doing it yourself.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.