In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

berette 390 value

marek13marek13 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hello. Lately I had been slamming this forum with question so forgive me for one more request. Please give me advise. I was at the range today and came across a fellow who wants to sell a brand new Beretta 390 in mate finish and synthetic stock with 28" barrel in 12 ga for 400. I had shot the 391 and 390 and I like the fit of 390 now the question is the value of this gun I had shot the regular one with wooden stock and forearm. Does the finish and the craftsmanship differs in the 390 in wood and the 390 all weather (synthetic stock) please help oh and one more thing would the fit of the synthetic stock be different than the wooden one

Comments

• Options
    raskilraskil Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the 390 is like new, that is a good price. If niether gun was altered (stock shortened) and the insert between the buttstock and receiver are set the same, there should be no difference. If the synthetic one came from Wal-mart, the fit and finish will be different. The 390's sold at wallyworld have straight line machining across the vented rib whereas the "real" 390 has cross machining (IIIII vs XXXXX), it will also be missing the bolt lockback lacth on the left side of the reciever. Around here, the wal-mart version sells for ~$525 new. If you are going to hunt waterfowl, I would get the matte/synthetic. The 390's are excellent guns.
  • Options
    marek13marek13 Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for advise. One more question is there any difference between silver mallard version and regular 390, and u mentioned the Wal-Mart version does that mean that some version of 390 are poorly made depending on the story carrying them[^]
  • Options
    raskilraskil Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My understanding is the silver mallard is the regular version. You usually will not see the 390's new at most gun stores since they introduced the 391. Wal-mart contracted with beretta to make a "top end" gun affordable to Wal-mart which led to reducing some features and machining as previously mentioned (ribbed hatching, bolt lock, synthetic). The Wal-mart 390 is a cheaper version than the original 390. These are not poorly made, but less refined to bring the cost down for Wal-mart's market. They are still very good guns. If your primary use will be for trap,skeet, and spt clay, you may want a new or used wood/gloss "original design". They also come in "trap", sporting clay" and "skeet" versions which very in stocks, ribs, and bbls at a higher price. You could buy a seperate set of stocks from Beretta if you wanted to change out for field use.