In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

undecided on 223

PemsPems Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Have been looking at purchasing a 223 for varmits. Already have a 243 but have been shooting the you know what out of it. I use my 243 for antelope and don't want to put too many rounds through it. Question..should I purchase the 223 and keep the 243 or should I trade the 243 and use the my 270 (deer gun) on antelope. Is the 270 a wise choice for antelope and which weight bullet. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Have been looking at purchasing a 223 for varmits. Already have a 243 but have been shooting the you know what out of it. I use my 243 for antelope and don't want to put too many rounds through it. Question..should I purchase the 223 and keep the 243 or should I trade the 243 and use the my 270 (deer gun) on antelope. Is the 270 a wise choice for antelope and which weight bullet. Thanks.
  • Options
    hunter223hunter223 Member Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    read my first reply
  • Options
    SG&A , INC.SG&A , INC. Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am at a loss as to why you are asking the same question again??? I read your previous post and it seemed to address the issues you were concerned with. Is there something more you required with this post that I missed? I would like to help but can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

STAY SAFE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the double post. For some reason it posted twice. Thanks for the reply in the 1st. posting. [:I]
  • Options
    beerboybeerboy Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get rid of any of your guns and buy a savage .223. They're cheap and you have to give anything up.