In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help... I'm confused

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
Im working on getting a pic of the headstamp.
Thanks for the help guys

380 auto vs 9mm BR.C
Is there a difference? I did not notice I had some mixed in and they are now finished rounds. They seem to be the same other than the extractor grove. Will these work in a 380?
I also asked this in the unofficial reloading forum with no response as of yet.

Comments

• Options
    redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcso3009, dont know what in the world a 9mm br.c is? but a rule of thumb is if your gun is a 380 then only shoot 380 even though that particular round may work the pressures could be different. its not worth taking a chance since 380's are so cheap and that 9mm you have if rare could be expensive? redman.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Redman
    These have already been resized, reprimed and loaded with the same powder/bullet as the 380s. I would not expect there to be any value in them at this point.
    I did remove these all from the lot I reloaded. Just curious if anyone has tried these.
  • Options
    JAK71454JAK71454 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I, like Redman don't know what a 9mm br.c is. There are several names for the 380 Auto which is really the .380 ACP(Automatic Colt Pistol). There is the 9mm Browning Short, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Corto. These are European names. Maybe the BR is Browning for the manufacturer and C for Corto. Kurz means short and probably Corto does also.

Jim Kammerer
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Jak,
    You are correct. It is 9mm Browning Corto. A rose by any other name......

wings2.gif
    Stolen from, and with thanks, to Kiwibird
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is the pic of the headstamp. I used whiteout to make the stamp easier to read.
    [url][/url]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dcso3009/detail?.dir=/ecc8&.dnm=afaf.jpg&.src=ph