In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt 38-40 price check

fumasterkfumasterk Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
Just wanted to know how much it is worth. It is a colt 38-40 and has marking like sep-19-1871. Also colt pt FMASG09. Look online could not find anything yet.

Went to a local gun shop and the guy said it was worth 1000.00 not a cent more. But the look in his eyes said something eles. When I told him I would not sell it. He wanted to trade guns and then got angry when I left. Then came out side to get my phone number. He said he would call me if anything came up on the gun.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello it sounds like a colt first generation SAA without pictures or hands on we have no way of guessing a value "BUT" It may be as you suspected worth much more .colt SAA value can have a very large range of values look at this site for COLT SAA .
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Post a Photo and Serial Number.....or email same to me.....I/We, can most likely give you the date of manufacture.......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff