In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

question for bobski

daydreamer1daydreamer1 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
received my browning 325 with your tubes, all i can say is wow!!looks like the gun and tube set never used. my questions are, your original paperwork,{instructions }say don't use oil, took me back. why no oil on them when sliding into bbls.? briley and kolar say a film of oil needed on theres.next question, i have been told by other " experts" don,t leave tubes in gun when finished shooting. may pit bbl.does this also hold true for yours? if not can i leave them in and just forget they are tubes? ps these tubes are for a 20 ga. and i have the 28 and 410 set. tryed the 410 set and believe they are better than my briley ultra lite set. 93 is on tubes, so that must be when they were made?

Comments

• Options
    daydreamer1daydreamer1 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    purchased a browning 325 ,20 ga with 30in. bbls, also has skeetmaster tubes in 28 and 410ga . the gun has factory f/mod chokes. my question is did all tube set come with skeet chokes or did they also come with any choke the owner asked for ? should have gun in appx. 2 weeks and will mike chokes then. but owner doesn't know what they are. were many 20 ga. done? some how i thought only 12 ga. guns had tube set back then.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    customers could order any tube for any gun.
    all chokes are skeet, unless ordered tighter or looser. but bottom line, the majority of tubes were skeet.
    like the 20 is thin in a 12, so is the 28 in a 20. not many people did it due to the thin wall the tube must be to be installed in the 20ga.
    my records are buried real deep, but with a serial number, i could look up the original order for choke restriction. miking it when you get it would be easier on me though. those records are about 3 feet down in the attic pile.[:I]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.