In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rear Glock sights

XLpitmanXLpitman Member Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
I just recently picked up a Glock 22 .40, and I noticed that the rear sight is slid slightly to the right. Is there a special tool to slide it back to the center? I don't want to stratch it up if I can avoid it. I've shot the gun and the sight does affect the gun's accuracy. It would be right on if I could get the sight back to the center. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, there is a special tool for moving Glock rear sights. They are about $125.00 or so. You might want to find someone who has one and borrow it. They come in 2 sizes, one for the large frame guns, the 10mm and .45, and one for the small frames. Yours would be the small size.

The tool slides over the slide and there is a movable part that contacts the sight and pushes it as you turn a handle.
  • Options
    XLpitmanXLpitman Member Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I punched my out and replaced it with an adjustable sight I bought at a gun show. Got rid of the white dots and now can see the sighting pattern much better. Did the front post also with a black post. Cost was $60.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have a dealer around you give them a call and see if they have a tool. Some will just do the simple adj for free and others may charge 5 bucks or so. I recently traded for a G17 that the sight had obviously been knocked to the side. I didn't really notice this until I got it to the range. I gripped the slide in both hands and used my thumbs (one behind the other) to put pressure on the bottom of the sight and slid it right into place. I have shot several hundred rounds through this G17 and the sight hasn't moved a bit.