In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1300 Waterfowl production info

spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
Howdy, I'm looking to probably sell a Winchester 1300 Waterfowl in a 12-gauge. I'm guessing that the gun is worth about $250 or so. I am curious, however, if someone can tell by the serial # what year it was made:

L1786592

I picked this up used back in 1991. I'd just like to offer the info to the potential buyer.

Thanks,
Spanielsells

Comments

• Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a 1300 combo about 6-7 years ago for 350. I would say 250 would be descent price if it was in good shape
  • Options
    longbow589longbow589 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning & Winchester Firearms
    (800) 333-3288 or (801) 876-2711
    Website: www.winchesterguns.com thay have all the info you need. Have a good one
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by longbow589
    Website: www.winchesterguns.com thay have all the info you need. Have a good one

The corporate website does not, as far as I can tell, inform me of what year my 1300 was constructed.
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    quote:Originally posted by longbow589

The corporate website does not, as far as I can tell, inform me of what year my 1300 was constructed.

Hey spanielsells,

The Waterfoul was mfd between 1984-91. Calling Winchester (if possible) may be your only way to get a more specific date, as no one here has the serial number list for these shotguns. From what I've gathered they are the only ones with the info. good luck

Ben
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive looked online and nothing is available unless you want to pay for it. Your best bet is to go to smith. If you bought it new, it was probably made around that date. I dont know why your buyer would be so interested in the date, because that gun isn't some sort of collector edtion now. A new winchester 1300 with a 28" barrel runs for 360. Unless you have something weird, its probably worth 250-300. If you can't find the date, then you probably can just say hey Ive had it for so many years, and the guy before me had it for x amount of years. But the condition is the big factor on this gun, the year is not going to make or break the value.
  • Options
    rmillrmill Member Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sooooo S.S., you took some of our advice and decided to sell I see. GOOD MAN! Now, get out there and find that 20 gauge you're a-itchin' for so you can get back to managing God's winged creatures. This country is getting OVER RUN with these things and it's time we all did our part!!!