In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iver Johnson Hercules, made in Canada Pic

Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Thanks as they say one picture = 1000 words. I would say a rare piece if that is the original Case color.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and, what is it youre asking us?
    did i miss another previous thread?[?]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, I guess you missed the previous thread where some people insisted that IJ NEVER made Hercules grade shotguns in Canada. This post is just to inform them that IJ did indeed manufacture them in Canada.
  • Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    old fool,
    this seem to be the proof i need for canadian made iver johnson shotguns. i have seen guns marked cobourg, canada but they were not marked made in canada.

if possible i would like to have a set of pictures of this shotgun. for future references.

as i said in our earlier exchanges i have never seen any evidence of manufacture outside of fitchbug, ma. the colbourg marked guns were most likely either assembled in canada or imported as complete guns. the montreal marked guns seem to indicate manufacture in canada. all other information i have is iver johnson's arms and cycle works of montreal canada was a canidian based company company set up by iver johnson family as a sales agency. the same as the iver johnson familt set up companies in London, Hamburg and Istambul. now it seem maybe something more than sales might have been done in montreal. i will need to continue my research into this era. i have already contacted the cobourg historical society and they do not have anything on iver johnson being there. now i will contact montreal historical society and see if they have anything.

thanks for the picture, are there any markings on the other side of the reciever or the top of the barrels.
    bill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll have to look and I will get back to you.

Good Luck