In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unknown German Pistol Help Needed!

RylanGRylanG Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hi Guys.. I just inherited this pistol and I do not have a clue of what it is or its value. Any help is highly appreciated. It is serial # No. 88006 and has an eagle over the world engraved in it. Here is a link to a picture. Once again, thanks in advance for the help.
o.mori@hotmail.com
pistol.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a Model 1922 FN Browning. When the Germans invaded and occupied Belgium in 1940, they adopted and manufactured these .32 auto pistols for their forces. During the 4 year occupation, over 150,000 were made for the Krauts. It's one of the more commonly found, next to the CZ 27 of the foreign made handguns used by the Germans.

Can't tell by your picture if it's factory original, or condition? My WAG is that it would be worth in the $200 to $300 range, if it is.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Ditto. The 1922 was a modification of the Browning 1910 to take a longer barrel. Made in .32 and .380. I also have a German stamped one; these generally command a slight premium over non german stamped ones.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It used to be known as the Browning Water Pistol.