In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Garand Problem

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a very nice military Springfield Garand, rebuilt with NM parts and an excellent shooter. A slight problem has popped up, has not affected function at the range, but I need to get a fix.

The gun functions perfectly, but when I'm cleaning & just basically fiddling around with it, I found that cycling the action and keeping the trigger pulled all the way to the rear, the hammer follows the bolt forward. The rear of the hammer is not engaging the disconnector, it's falling just short. I've checked the function with the buttstock removed - I take out the op spring so it's easy to function - and it does engage with no problem.

The bolt moves all the way to the rear, the parts all match up, they're smooth and I see no apparent problem.

How doe I fix the problem and why does everything work well with the stock removed? Can the trigger guard fit to the stock cause this to happen?

Comments