In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

De-resonator - opinions

RogmattRogmatt Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
How many of you put much stock in the De-resonator by Limbsaver. I have seen both pro & con. Anyone here experience any real results??

http://www.simsvibrationlab.com/limbsaver/firearms/barrelderes.aspx

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rogmatt,

It's basically a unique material that is used to modify the harmonics of a barrel by placement and dampening of the vibrations. Similar effects can be demonstrated by using a muzzle weight or barrel block albeit lacking the varible of placement. Some folks even advocate cutting a barrel back 1/2" at a time looking for the most accurate length and therefore the proper harmonics for a particular load. But change the load in any way and you essentially void the previous accuracy node.

It reminds me of the Winchester/Browning B.O.S.S. system in a way, a variable tuning idea. I spend my time working on loads and using top quality barrels for my rifles rather than looking for the next trinket to supposedly save me time and effort developing an accurate load.

I've shot with them a little bit but not nearly enough to pronounce it good or bad. The only thing I will say is that these are the ugliest thing you can put on a good rifle. I know that isn't supposed count when accuracy is at stake but it makes a difference to me.

Best.