In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

itajuba 45 caliber 1911 m968 imbel brazil made

KushKush Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know of a 45 cal imported by springfield armory with the model m968 imbel itajuba brazil markings on it? It also says on the slide 'limited edition' in scroll which is similiar to handwriting.
I have owned this for a long time but have no idea what the value is. Also the frame is a lightweight material like aluminum alloy and the slide is a heavy stainless steel. I had the frame redone in a light rose beige and also to tighten it up a bit. I replaced several parts inside with brand new marine mil parts of top quality so it can NOT be a collectors item any longer, but it is a real great firearm. I keep it always at my side when going out even though I have several other 45's. Please advide what this thing was for me. TY Kush from the old town of pompton lakes new jersey now living in sunny florida.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imbel is the name of the Brazilian arsenal, located in Itajuba Brazil where a lot, ( Not All ) of the 1911 type pistols sold by Springfield were actually manufactured. Springfield has sold so many different variations/models based on the 1911 since the 1980's, it hard to keep track of them all. Since your "limited Edition" has a alloy frame, my guess is that it would date to the 90's, "IF" the slide was sold originally with the frame, it's now on.

Your best bet would be to call Springfield customer service at 800-680-6866. Last time I called, the lady that I spoke to, was very helpfull in answering my questions regarding the history and DOM of one of their non cataloged pistols.