In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith&Wesson ID

plinkerplinker Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
I recently inherited a S&W revolver I cant identify. It has 32-20 ctg stamped on the barrel, a 4" barrel, round butt ser# 116403. Does anyone have an idea what model I have and when it was made?

Comments

• Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

From the s/n given it would be the 32-20 Winchester Hand Ejector, Model of 1905, 4th change.

Also from the s/n I would venture a guess that mfg. was in the mid-to-latter 1930's

To know more you need to contact S&W and for $35 they can provide you with a letter stating date of mfg. and other info. about the revolver.

Value depends on condition.
  • Options
    plinkerplinker Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information. The gun seems to be in very good shape. I think it must be a nickle finish. I still have not figured how to open the cylinder. The thumb lever on the left side of the grip moves a little but does not seem to release anything. It has probably been sitting for many years.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The push the cyl release forward to allow the cyl to swing out. If the plating was done as aftermarket work the fit may be very tight.