In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee Enfield

spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
Is the Lee Enfield company still in business?

If so, I need their address to complete a rifle import.

I've cross-posted this to general discussion.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-spurgemastur.

Comments

• Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Lee Enfield" is a MODEL, not a Mfg, the guns were mfg by several companies over the many decades they were in service. Yes they were mfg by the Enfield company but this is just one of the companies. I doubt that this company is still in business.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are referring to the British .303 military rifles, Lee- Enfield were the names of two of the designers. In a similar manner, you will not find a Garand Company that made M-1 Garands.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enfield was the name of the main British military arsenal, located just outside of London. It's been out of business/closed, since at least the 1990's.

Lee was the name of the American firearms inventor, who designed the original rifle. The Lee Enfield was based on, in the 1870's.
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Enfield was the name of the main British military arsenal, located just outside of London. It's been out of business/closed, since at least the 1990's.

Lee was the name of the American firearms inventor, who designed the original rifle. The Lee Enfield was based on, in the 1870's.

Got it. The rifle is an Enfield. Thanks all for clearing me up on the difference between Lee Enfield and the Enfield Co.
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    I don't remember the name of the company, but they usually have a big ad in the SHOTGUN NEWS. They show to have a great number of mil surplus parts, including Lee-Enfield stuff.